KAREN'S 50TH ONLINE BIRTHDAY PARTY
Registration for Karen's 50th Birthday. The event will be a surprise party on the 26th of December at 8pm, Pacific Standard Time, Canada ( Dec 27, 12 nn, Philippine time).
Register below to receive the links, info, and updates.
Don't forget to visit the FAQs section at the end of the page so you'll be ready to party with us!
Remember this is a SURPRISE Party so keep the link to yourself. If you get caught this Mixtape will self destruct and we'll disavow any knowledge of the party =)
IN LIEU OF GIFTS
We'd Love To Pay It Forward
Karen has been blessed with 50 wonderful years. If you know her, you know that nothing would give her more joy on this special occasion than to be able to pay it forward.
For her birthday we'll be having a 50 / 50 raffle and the proceeds will be used to buy e-learning tablets for the scholars of the "Gabay Aral" Program of Tahanan Ng Panginoon. Each raffle ticket you buy will help us reach the target of Php 50,000.00 for this worthy cause. You also get a chance to win prizes for you and your loved ones to share this holiday season!
FAQS ABOUT THE PARTY
Everything You Need to Know
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS TO BE ABLE TO FULLY ENJOY THE ZOOM PARTY?
First and foremost, you will have to update your zoom apps to version 5.3 or higher to fully enjoy break out rooms, spotlighting, etc.
You may also want to connect your Zoom to a large screen monitor and external speakers just so you don't keep squinting at the guests and appreciate the presentations, and the music.
You may update your zoom app here:
WHY CHANGE MY ZOOM NAME AND PICTURE FOR THE NIGHT?
Since this is a surprise party, Karen should not know who her guests are until we open our cameras. We strongly advise that at least 1 day before the party, change your zoom name and picture to the 80’s icon assigned to you in the settings portion of your zoom account. Don't worry, we'll explain more in the email we'll send when you register.
DO I GET TO CHOOSE AN 80’S ICON THAT I LIKE?
Sorry but no….you will be pre assigned an 80’s icon to make it logistically possible that no one has the same icon as the other.
DO I NEED TO DRESS UP LIKE THE ICON ASSIGNED TO ME?
Not necessarily. As long as you are dressed in any 80’s fashion, it’ll make the party much more fun for everyone.
WILL THERE BE ONLINE GAMES & PRIZES DURING THE PARTY?
Yes. Prizes await the lucky guests. Just join and have fun!
Dress up in you best 80s fashion and get a chance to win a prize. There will be an award for BEST IN 80s THEME!
AM I ALLOWED TO TURN ON MY MIC DURING THE PARTY?
Only when prompted by the host to do so. The standard is that you turn off your mics at all times unless you are all told by the host at specific parts of the program. This is especially important during the dancing part when the DJ plays his 80’s music! Kindly mute your mics unless necessary and make full use of the chatroom.
WHAT ARE BREAK OUT ROOMS AND WHEN DO WE GET TO USE THEM?
Break out rooms are rooms within zoom that you can use to be able to see your group of friends within the party and talk to them. We will be pre-naming break out rooms per group prior to the party. (e.g. DLSU friends, Canada friends, etc.). If you want a break out room for your group during the party, kindly inform us through the Chatroom and we will gladly create a break out room for you.
It's a great way to have a little side chat with friends with friends without leaving the party. The hosts will announce when the breakout rooms will be opened.
DO I NEED TO DANCE?
Of course we encourage everyone to dance! It's a party! If you need more incentive to get up and dance, there will also be a prize for BEST DANCER!
1. Please clear a dancing place for you that is safe and secure.
2. Do not dance on slippery or unsecured surfaces.
3. Keep away from furniture & fixtures, breakable household decor & appliances.
4. Intoxicated guests and those with underlying health conditions are excused from vigorous dancing. Just grove with us safely. You're not excused from enjoying!
WHAT IS SPOTLIGHTING?
At different times of the program the hosts may spotlight certain guests. Spotlighting is when everybody sees you in Speaker View. When dancing, being spotlighted just means it's your cue to really show your off your best dance moves =)
Everything You Need to Know About Our Fundraiser
WHAT IS A 50/50 RAFFLE?
A 50 50 raffle gives everyone a chance to donate money to a worthy cause (in lieu of giving Karen a gift) at the same time be able to have a chance to win half of the total amount raised via a raffle draw at the end of the event.
HOW MUCH IS A RAFFLE TICKET?
Each ticket is worth 250 Pesos. If you buy P1,000 worth of tickets you get an extra one ( 5 tickets instead of 4 )!
HOW DO I JOIN THE 50/50 RAFFLE?
1. On the lower middle part of your Zoom screen click the "Chat" link. A "To:" drop down arrow box will appear on the right side area.
2. Click the arrow and scroll to look for "Alma5050". From there proceed to "privately" chat with Alma.
3. As One of the Party admins- Alma shall be available answer any questions you may have about the 50-50 raffle and accept your payments.
CAN I BUY THE 50/50 RAFFLE TICKETS BEFORE THE EVENT?
Yes, you can! Just email Alma at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know how many tickets you want to buy, what currency you want to use (Pesos, CA$ or US$) and how do you want to Pay for it (PayPal, E transfer or GCash). After Payment, your ticket numbers will be emailed to you.”
Each ticket cost P250 (CA$6.75 or US$5.00) . Buy 4 tickets get 1 FREE!
HOW CAN WE PAY FOR THE 50/50 RAFFLE TICKETS?
1. You may pay via PayPal (global), e- transfer (Canada), and GCash (for Philippine guests). Alma will walk you through the payment process.
2. It is a good idea to have your preferred payment method log-in information handy.
3. It is advisable to proceed and confirm your payment while chatting with Alma so that both you and her will receive your separate email payment notification.
4. Alma will get your name, phone number and email during the ticket purchase process. Your contact information will be used to verify your identity if and when you have the winning ticket.
HOW WILL I BE GIVEN THE RAFFLE TICKETS?
1. Each ticket has a unique serial number, Alma will copy and paste the ticket number via the chat box. This is your proof of payment as well as the way to check if you have the winning numbers during the raffle draw.
2. You may choose to save the ticket numbers/chat details in your PC or device by clicking the 3 dotted box on the right most side. Then choose "Save Chat".
WHEN AND HOW WILL THE RAFFLE DRAW TAKE PLACE?
1. Each ticket numbers sold (that was given to the donor via chat) has a corresponding "physical" raffle ticket.
2. All these sold physical tickets will be placed inside a ticket tumbler or "tambiolo".
3. At the tail end of the party Karen, the celebrant will draw out the winning ticket from the Tambiolo.
DO I NEED TO BE PRESENT IN THE RAFFLE DRAW TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN?
1. It would be best if you are there to experience the anticipation. However, if unable to be present during the raffle draw, the winning ticket owner will be announced publicly. Alma will email and call the winner to discuss how to receive your prize.
2. Take note that the total raffle amount will be in Philippine Pesos. If you prefer your winnings in either Canadian or US dollars a fixed conversion rate will be pegged at 1 US Dollar = 50 Pesos, 1 Canadian Dollar = 37 Pesos
HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 50% RAFFLE AMOUNT THAT WAS COLLECTED?
In Karen's facebook page, she will post information about the total amount raised and the corresponding number of Samsung tablets that were purchased and donated to the poor but deserving scholars of the TEAP program. Links to the official TEAP website will be shared to show the awarding ceremony.